Thursday 7 February 2013

Tour of the South East

Today I began a four day tour of the South East. First stop was Canvey Wick in Essex. I spent last Summer filming at Canvey Wick for my MSc summer project. The aim of today's visit was to collect footage for a short Winter video on the site. The weather was amazing and the light was almost perfect for videography. 


Canvey Wick is well known for it's rare and unusual invertebrate species but these are usually seen in the Spring and Summer. During the Winter however mosses and lichens take over. At one end of the site there is a large pile of burnt wood, most of which was covered in a brilliant array of mosses and lichens. I couldn't resist stopping to take some photos in between takes. 

Tomorrow I will be visiting Dungeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment