Friday 1 February 2013

Panoramas at Lumsdale, Matlock


Last week while there was still plenty of snow around I visited Lumsdale outside Matlock. I wanted to see what it was like in the snow. I had spent quite a bit of time there in the Autumn while filming for a short documentary and feel in love with the place. After spending plenty of time taking regular photos I decided to try some close up panoramas of one of the waterfalls there. I had never really tried this before but I thought I would give it a go.


Here is a dramatically down sized snip-it, unfortunately Blogger didn't like the aspect ratio of the image I had stitched together which was around 49.3 mega pixels so here is a 4 x 6 chunk of it. After a few attempts of a wide horizontal image I thought why not try a vertical version because from this point you can see the next waterfall above. 


Again this is a 4 x 6 chunk of a much larger image which was in total 78.3 mega pixels. I actually prefer the vertical shot. Once it was all stitched together I realized that I really needed a stitched strip of images on either side of this one to really capture the whole scene. That would probably mean stitching together a 235 mega pixel image. I don't know if my computer could take that kind of abuse. If it snows again I will go back and try again, if not I will wait till the spring and try a really calm day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment