Friday 8 February 2013

A Day at Dungeness

Day 2 of my tour of Kent I visited Dungeness. I have been visiting Dungeness for about 5 years now but most of those visits were to the RSPB reserve about a mile inland. Back in November I broke my old routine and headed to the beach by the nuclear power station to film a short documentary. The shingle beach is strewn with abandoned fishing boats, fishing shacks and fishing equipment, as it is part of a national nature reserve it has been left for nature to slowly take over. This is a great place to take photos and to shoot video, particularly at dawn.

The main objectives for today's visit were:

1. Film the waves crashing on the beach at 720p 50fps in the hope of generating some slow motion footage.
2. Record the sound of waves crashing on the shore.
3. Continue practicing with magic lantern installed on my Canon 600D.



No comments:

Post a Comment